Our police dog training is known to be the best. Our patrol dogs are trained in handler protection; attacking with or without command if the handler is attacked.
Police dog training basics
Police K9’s are trained to guard criminal suspects while searched by handler, searching for criminals in open areas (fields), buildings and other such locations.
Course of instruction
- Safety procedures
- Obedience for dog handlers
- Kennel maintenance and sanitation
- Maintaining your working dog covering, feeding, health, and maintenance.
- Working dog first aid and safety precautions
- Principles of conditioning, this covers how dogs learn to perform as a police K9.
- How to safely and effectively deploy a patrol police K9.
- Safety associated with handling the patrol police K9.
- Building search tactics for hidden suspect(s) using the dog.
- Students will learn to use the wind to find hidden suspect(s) in open areas using their dog.
- Students will learn to apply obedience in a tactical environment, leash control, search speed, and behaviors of their assigned dog.
- Students will learn how to stop their K9’s attack prior to and during contact.
Training and use records for detector dog handlers:
- Records, why keep them and how to keep them
- Training records
- Utilization records
- Training forms and recording data
Police dog training Handler Course:
We also offer patrol K9 handler training designed to train a person on how to handle an attack trained police K9. The course is designed to meet the training needs of agencies that have patrol dogs but the handlers have changed. The training is done at Global’s location.
We will do everything in our power to insure you and the dogs are highly trained, we want you to be the best dog team in your area. Global dogs and handlers have a reputation of being the best in the world.